Sunday, January 3, 2016

Snow Day!

I checked the forecast before heading to bed on the 2nd and it said, some snow by 3 pm tomorrow. We woke up Sunday morning and the entire porch was covered in a blanket of snow. I was planning on going to the grocery store that day, but not first thing. Even so, I got dressed and booked it to the store before conditions got worse. That early there was hardly anyone out and it was just snow, no ice yet. 

 A hummingbird sitting on the little swing I made it, waiting patiently for me to thaw out his feeder. Usually when the feeders are empty they flap around my window and squawk at me to get my attention. I think this guy was conserving energy.

 Thawing out frozen feeders!

 Scenes of SNOW DAY 2016.




 There was no wind so the snow stuck pretty high.




 Izzie decided to go play in the snow for a bit.


 Daddy joined her for a minute but he didn't get properly dressed for long play.

 Maddie woke up with a sore throat, so she and Jake decided staying in and reading was the thing to do.


The snow was so pretty at night with the porch light shining on it. Mom and Chris braved the roads for our weekly movie night. I made a mad sheppard's pie and we watched the Disney Musical, "Into the Woods."

No comments: