Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Oregon Children's Theater: Mouse in Space

I have not taken the girls to as many shows or plays as I've wanted to. We went and saw a high school production of Charlotte's Web when they were probably four and I've taken them to the circus, but I'm not sure we've done many other shows. So it was time to go see another play. When the Oregon Children's Theater collaborated with Girl Scouts to have a GS discount ticket day for Geronimo Stilton I jumped at the opportunity! The girls have read a lot of the Geronimo Stilton books and love them. Mom went with me and we had a good time. I didn't want to figure out Portland parking (wimp, I know.) So Chris dropped us off and picked us up for the play. Big thanks to him for doing that!!! Izzie was super nervous to find our seats before the play started, even though we had plenty of time. The play was really good. It was funny and educational at the same time. They both had a good time and we definitely need to go see more plays! I may need to think about season tickets for next year's birthday present!

 Me, Izzie, Maddie and Nanna.

 Maddie modeling the new skirt that Nanna sewed for her.

 Izzie showing off her new skirt Nanna made for her.


 Izzie painting a disc we made out of plaster of paris. We were studying how Michelangelo would have painted plaster.

 Maddie painting hers. It didn't quite turn out correctly, we were supposed to paint it while the plaster was still slightly wet, but it dried a LOT quicker than I thought it would!


 We had to take advantage of a nice sunny day at the park. Maddie showing me a design of bricks she found.

 Izzie.

 I found an app that I can quickly take a picture of their worksheet and they can type on top of it.

Izzie

No comments: