Sunday, November 8, 2015

Helen Keller Unit

 We started reading a biography on Helen Keller and discussing what it would be like to be blind and deaf. I blindfolded the girls and had them paint. They didn't get to see what colors they were using, only the way the paint felt. Maddie discovered she had to use her hand to figure out where the paint was. I tried to get them to each lunch blindfolded, but the painting exercise was as much as they could deal with.
 Maddie



 We have this sliver of a "yard" on the right side of the driveway. We didn't want grass because we don't have grass anywhere else on our property. It had some rock when we first moved in, but it had become a very unkept looking weed area that neither of us were really proud of. So we got a bunch of rock delivered and spread it out and it looks SO much better! I want to build a little cover for our garbage cans, but that's on the "Project List." We are knocking out projects around this house, but our list is growing as fast as we are crossing!

 Izzie caught my cold from Halloween and spent a couple days on the sick bed.

 This was a a small table from when the girls were toddlers. I had left it outside and it got moldy. (Hello Pacific Northwest!) So I covered it in KILZ and then painted this butterfly on it. After I lacquer it, it'll go back outside as a side table for my reading lounge chair. The girls have been painting the chairs and I a going to convert them to hanging plant holders when they are done. It's a cute way to upcycle their old toddler furniture!

My handsome Jake Kitty Cat.

No comments: