Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter

 This dress wasn't an upcycle, I bought all new material for it, but I fell in love with the pattern and really enjoyed sewing it. Maddie, especially has taken to it, and almost anytime it's clean she wears it.


 And here she is modeling it.


 Izzie picking out a book from the library wall.

 Rainy cold day at our homeschool group, so we were indoors playing games. My friend, Hanukkah, patiently taught all the kids a few new card games.
 Treya bought face paint and the girls took turns face painting each other. Izzie, Esperanza and Treya.

 Esperanza and Izzie went with butterflies.

 Maddie got a crown painted on.
 Easter seemed to come too quickly this year, but I managed to get my act together so the girls could dye eggs. Here's Maddie and Izzie all ready to go!

 Daddy helping out.





 Easter egg hung in our church dresses that Grandma and Grandpa sent.




 Izzie

 Maddie and Izzie


When we got the kitchen done, we had to buy the entire slab of granite. There was a remnant left over, so my contractor said a lot of people use leftover pieces in their bathroom. My plan was to use our pre-existing sink, because that would be cheaper than getting an undermount sink. But he said he'd give us the undermount sink and labor for free. Then when we went to measure exacts, my remnant was just slightly too small. So he said I could trade it for a remnant in his shop! I drove over to the granite workers shop, which is a warehouse type building and it is extremely dusty from all the debris from cutting granite all day. Armed with only my flashlight on my phone, I went into the way back dark corner of the warehouse to look through granite pieces. I found this one, and crossed my fingers it'd look good in the bathroom. I had basically five minutes to pick and only got to see a small corner of the granite as it stuck out from all the other pieces. It has a bit more brown in it that I thought, but I still like it. I decided to do the tile backsplash myself. This is me starting it.

Oh, and the install was crazy too. Apparently there isn't a shut off valve that works under this sink, so we had to shut the water off at the street. But the sink has to cure bolted in for 24 hours. So John had to install the faucet UNDER the sink while it cured, so we could turn the water back on to the house, and just off under the sink. Good brainstormng because at first we thought we'd be without water for those 24 hours!!!

No comments: