Sunday, July 27, 2014

I-5 Bridge goes UP!

 Melanie at Who Song and Larry's Mexican. We got to sit out on the porch and the view and weather was amazing.

 The I-5 Bridge between Portland and Vancouver.





 While we were sitting there they lifted the bridge. I had always assumed it lifted up in two pieces, but really they middle just slides up. They have to stop traffic to do this obviously and we were really surprised that it got lifted for a teeny tiny sail boa that had a HUGE mast. There was only two people on that boat. But I was glad to see the bridge raise up AND not be stopped in traffic to have to see it!

All in all, it was a super fun trip with my friend. Of course it went by way too quickly, but we packed in a lot of adventure and it really meant a lot that she came to stay with us. Hopefully next time she can bring Madison and Sydney!

No comments: