Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Ester Short Park

 To add to my summer bucket list, I met a friend at Ester Short Park in Downtown Vancouver. I'm not sure how we only managed to go here once this summer, it was really fun! Not only does the park have a nice playground, there is a very cool fountain that kids can climb and splash in. I love how it is encouraged for kids to splash in fountains up here. In a lot of places you aren't allowed to "wade" in a fountain, which is a silly rule! (Izzie)

 Izzie and Maddie


 A fountain with climbing rocks? Sign my girls up!


 Caitlin, Izzie and Maddie

 Also at the park is a pretty rose garden. The roses were HUGE and smelled so good.

 The funny thing is we passed the roses on the way back to our car, which was at a parking meter. I was hurrying along trying to make it back to the care before the meter expired. The girls though, really wanted to literally, stop and smell the roses. How could I resist??? Izzie sniffing a pretty pink rose.

 Maddie smelling a white rose.



 Randomly, for fun one night we decided to get out the paints before bath and do some body art, we haven't done that in a couple of years! Oh boy did they have fun. At first they had me draw a few things and then they finally got into and covered themselves with paint.


No comments: