Monday, April 28, 2014

Just some hanging out.

 Maddie showing her muscles!
 Izzie showing a ballet pose.

 At one of our Rewild Portland days, our instructor showed us this plant and said it was a healthy plant to eat. I was so excited to see it growing in a huge patch in my side yard. I hadn't really paid attention to it until she pointed out what it was. It's called Siberian Miner's Lettuce and it really is tasty!

 To clean out the grill that grew some interesting mosses/molds over the winter, I put a big bonfire inside of it. After it'd been roasting for a couple of hours, the girls made hotdogs in it for lunch.

 I taught the girls how to use the toaster oven. Now they can reheat their pancakes. (I make big batches of them and freeze them.) This is one proud Maddie.

 And Izzie. They are excited because now they can also make toast, cheesy toast and a few other things.

 The girls have been busy bees as Daisies this year!

 Izzie

 Maddie and Izzie telling Daddy about their meeting.

 Maddie reading books in her fort under her bed.

 Izzie playing iPad in bed.

 I took Izzie to the grocery store while Maddie stayed home with Daddy. They both like this and don't like it at the same time. Actually both girls wanted to stay home with Daddy, the store was "boring" they said. But when I let Izzie browse the Barbie isle (looking without buying) and gave her time to check out all the flowers in the store that made the trip more fun.

 Maddie working on dinner with me.

 The next night Izzie cutting bacon to make a quiche.

 Izzie using the really cool "Paper Bead" machine that Grandpa got them for Christmas.

 Maddie drew a picture of the Solar System. There's Earth, the moon, a comet, the  sun, Jupiter (with it's spot), Saturn, Uranus and lots of stars. She drew this all on her own and showed me after she was done.

Izzie drew a picture of King Daddy and Queen Mommy. My skirt took up so much room that Daddy doesn't get as much space. As it should be.

No comments: