Friday, March 7, 2014

The Pink Nighties

 Izzie sitting on Maddie's Kura Bed. One up and one to go.... they'll sleep like this (bunk beds) until I get the second bed up.

 We went to a friends house in Gresham, Oregon, which is about 45 minutes away. In Texas distance that is like nothing. But up here in the Pacific Northwest, 45 minutes away is FOREVER away. I totally don't mind driving to visit her and she doesn't mind driving to visit us either, so it's all good. Some people up in this part of the country that would be a TRIP. Anyway, long story to say, just a few minutes from her house is the only Carter's clothing store that I think is in this part of the country (bonus that it is an outlet location!) I love Carter's clothes. Some people totally follow Gymboree or whatever. And don't get me wrong, some Gymboree clothes are darling. But for the price, I love Carter's. Even so, they are my "fancy" store for the girls. I get two or three nice play dresses for them there every season or so the rest of their clothes come from resale shops or Target.

All this to say, on a whim, we stopped by Carter's after leaving our friend's house. And there were THESE nightgowns. And they were not the price (even on sale) that I would normally spend on pajamas of any kind. Maddie and Izzie ooohhhed and awwweeed over these nightgowns. But I explained the price and that they didn't really need new nighties, etc. And they were okay with all of that. They said they were the most beautiful nightgowns that they'd ever seen, but they understood. So of course I had to get them. I mean, if they had had a tempertantrum and pulled a fit for those nightgowns there is NO way they would have gotten them. But... those sweet little faces that were wistfully gazing upon the nighties with no greed whatsoever... sucker punch and in the bag they went! And they have worn them pretty much every waking moment that I haven't had them in "real" clothes since then.... so, totally... worth it.

 Speaking of Carter's clothes, these were two of the dresses I bought. I love the cute polka dots! Izzie and Maddie at storytime. The accessories... are all them. They have their OWN style and I don't interfere for the most part.

 Speaking of "accessories." We were at storytime and I looked down at the pile of jackets, coats and scarves we made and snapped a picture. I'm ready for warmer weather where layers aren't required!

 Cuteness!!!!

 I started knitting at Christmas and haven't put the knitting needles down. I knit at the library, the park, watching tv or whenever I can.

 Our "Number of the Day" worksheets.
Izzie's equations that she made up...
(3x30) + 10 + 9 = 109
(2x40) + 20+ 9 = 109
50+30+20+9 = 109
 Maddie's equations, again... all on her own.
(5x20) +9 = 109
(2x24) + 21+40 = 109
21+40+48= 109

Maddie and Izzie after a good day playing at our ACE homeschool group. That much mud meant LOTS of fun!!!

No comments: