Thursday, March 27, 2014

OMSI IMAX

With our OMSI membership we got four tickets to see a show in the IMAX theater. Since our membership was almost up, we decided it was a good time to go see a movie! There was a 3D movie on the Monarch Butterfly that seemed interesting so that's the one we picked. We told the girls that the IMAX was a huge screen and that's why it was special. What we didn't think to tell them was that we were going to see a documentary and not a cartoon. So at the end of the movie when I asked Maddie what she thought, she said, "Well it was okay, but not what I was expecting at all. I asked her why not and she told me she wasn't expecting something that was real. But that it looked like the butterflies were coming out of the screen was pretty cool. 
 After the movie we played upstairs in the science playground for a bit and then downstairs in the ball room. I caught this fun picture of three balls hovering over an air stream.

 Izzie, Maddie and Daddy working on trying to make a ball shooter.



 Maddie explaining something to me. Very serious!


 Handsome Jake!

 Because... kitty toes!


 These girls get holes in their knees all the time. A mark of a happy childhood, I suppose. But these awesome patches make the tights even better than before.

 The wild Maddie Bath Monster!

 Another right of passage, correct? The lego zone. We took down the guest bedroom because the bed we had in there was just too big for the room. I'm still working on it, I am putting the headboard in the shed for storage and we are selling the twin box springs on the right there. Then we plan on putting a nice futon in here.

 One of my favorite upcycles so far! This dress was made out of three pairs of tights and a too small t-shirt!

 Both beds are up now we just need to put more artwork up on the walls.

Izzie drew this picture of a ship and mermaid.

No comments: