Thursday, November 7, 2013

Finishing up September's Posts...

 Some towels I made for triplet brothers and sisters.

 Izzie and Maddie at storytime at the downtown library.

 The girls at a girl scout activity. This was before we got our troop and were going to some of the council events looking for a troop.

Izzie working on some math problems with Teddy.

 Izzie playing with playdoh at OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry)

 Maddie.

 This was take at Rewild Portland. I found out about it late one Wednesday evening and it was for that following Friday. It sounded like an awesome opportunity so I registared us, although I didn't have time to get all the way prepared. The weather was pretty damp/chilly/drizzly that day but we put on some layers and tried to make do. At one point we were pretty miserable, but the activities were so fun, that we didn't mind. Shortly there after I made sure we had proper rain gear!
 The event took place at a park on the Columbia River.

 Izzie and Maddie running down the beach.

 The kids went off with two of the counselors and they learned all about otters and built this otter den, which was big enough for several of them to hide in. While the kids were off playing, singing, story telling about otters, the grown ups had our own counselor. Peter taught us how to cut stinging nettle and carefully remove the stringy bark after de-nettling it. Then he taught us how to twist the bark into rope. It was pretty cool, actually. Then we built a fire on the beach, had a picnic and made nettle tea. It really was a memorable day!


When the rain stopped the next day we went out on our bikes to enjoy the sunbreak. I thought the rainy season had started early because all of this was still at the end of September, but then the rain did dry up and most of October was gorgeous/fabulous. I know it's now a week into November and I haven't posted anything from October except the girls Halloween costumes. It's funny how blogging was actually easier when they were babies. But I do love being able to reflect back. I'm glad I'm sticking with it, even if it is a bit sporadic these days!

No comments: