Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Daisies

 Maddie working on some multiplication problems. I was surprised that multiplication was in their first grade math books, but they are doing really well with it.

 Izzie and her math.

We got out our letter magnets and had fun sounding out and creating new words. This is Maddie. She kept a list of the words she wanted to spell.

 Maddie and Izzie at the library. We've gone a couple of Wednesdays in a row now that it's getting to cold/wet for one of our homeschool groups that meets at a park during nice weather. We were given 20 raw spaghetti noodles, 1 yard of tape a bit of string and an a marshmallow. The challenge was to see how tall you could make a freestanding structure with the marshmallow on top. The girls helped direct this scheme, and I helped them build it. Our was 17 inches when done. Our friend Fiona got hers to be 23 inches!

 Sewing the patches on one of the Daisy uniforms. They supposedly are iron on, but I didn't trust it.

 I don't like talking weight, who does? But I've lost 25 lbs since summer. I have a long way to go, and I don't care that it's going slow, but I do plan on living "health with ease." As in, when losing weight is work, I don't like doing it. So, I'd rather go slow and get to my goal when I get there. And I don't really like talking about it, but I am proud of my 25 lbs down and would like to at least acknowledge it (does NOT mean you have to, no really, please don't.)

 Look at my Daisies!!! I can't help it, I'm just so stinkin' excited. When they said I was having twin girls my FIRST thought was Girl Scouts! How is that day already here? My second thought was that I'll have an excuse to go to summer camp as the camp director in the future...

 Maddie wanted to show me what she wrote. Math is Fun!

 PugDog, Puggy, Ripples, Rippy, Ripley-is-a-good-boy, Ripster, Good-Boy all nicknames of Ripley.

I made a fingerless glove, apparently they are in style. I upcycled this from an old sweater. But I rarely have patience for making two of something (which is hard when you have twins.) So as of right now, I've only got ONE fingerless glove which is probably less useful than two.

No comments: