Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Sewing School

 Enjoying the cul-de-sac.

 Maddie.

 Izzie

We did our second project for out of our Sewing School book. It was to make an apple shaped pin cushion. Izzie got a bit frustrated when she accidentally did a whip stitch instead of a straight stitch. I had to pull out the story about when I was a little kid and how my Valentine's Day cookies looked "homemade" instead of perfect like the store bought ones. Homemade equals made with love. One of the best lessons my mom could have ever taught me, since perfectionism runs deep within me. I can now, take a deep breath and think, homemade... not perfect. Izzie has gotten my perfect streak it looks like! But she pulled herself together after my story and continued on with her project.

 Izzie

 Maddie

 Izzie

 Maddie

 They started in the chairs and somehow both ended sitting ON the dining room table. They were concentrating so hard though, I didn't say anything.

 Maddie proudly showing off her final pincushion.

Izzie showing off hers!

No comments: