Thursday, August 22, 2013

Life as usual...

 So, one day, I was sitting at my desk and I see a blur of motion throw this sheet of paper at me and then take off. It took me a minute to cipher it, but it says, "Mommy, you have to find me, I won't be caught!" So, I started took off and looked and looked and finally found Maddie hiding. What a fun way to do a surprise game of hide and go seek! And I love the way she phrased it, I think it's from watching Daddy's video games.

 Uh... the slugs up here are ginormous.  It was half the size of my palm!

 This was actually taken during princess camp. One day after camp we went straight over to the library. Normally I don't let them wear dress up clothes out and about, so this was extra special.

 Izzie was a rockstar princess.

 Maddie has really been into projects of her own creation/design lately. Here she made a collage by cutting up construction paper and gluing it to another sheet.


 The girls worked together to make this zoo. They drew cages and even started to group the animals to their habitats. Like all the the pond/water animals, the farm animals, the safari animals, etc.

 More slack-lining. This time in our pajamas. Izzie.

 Maddie.
 This project took a lot of math. But it came out looking pretty awesome. I wanted all black frames, but I decided to just use what I already owned.

 It's a long narrow hallway so it was hard to get a good picture of the final result.


 Izzie and Maddie watching Daddy play on the playstation.

 Momma and Maddie.

 Starting a sewing project. Izzie decided to use a very old sweater of hers for the project. She traced the pattern and now she's carefully cutting it out.


 Maddie starting to sew.


This little pillow took two sessions to complete. They are doing really great with the sewing though.

No comments: