Friday, July 26, 2013

Parks, Books and Swimming

 Another afternoon at the park. Our house is pretty shaded because of all the trees around it. This is cool. This means that even though it's July we've only turned our air conditioner on for probably a total of 6 hours this summer. Otherwise, it's just the perfect temperature. The girls were actually a bit cool so they were wearing summer dresses with their little jackets. But at the park, with no shade, it got hot fast! It was you know a whole 80 degrees...

 Izzie climbing. I want to get some of these climbing nodes to put on the side of the house/shed. I'd prefer house but John says shed. Hurumph. I've got to find where to buy them first.

 Playing a balancing game the girls got for their birthday. (Izzie and Maddie)

 Swim lessons. Izzie and Maddie. They were actually chilly so that's why they are grimacing.

 The pool where we do lessons is pretty cool, we've got to remember to come back for free swim!

 Izzie practicing her handstand in the hallway.

 We decided to try out a different library. It was a lot smaller than the downtown library, which make sense. This was our first male storytime reader we've had and he was awesome. All the kids were stuck on his every word.

 Maddie playing with some of the features in the kid area of the library.

 Izzie found a book nook.

 Hello, Hello! Can I get some service? Maddie and Izzie playing at the library.

 I bought this rope ladder and then couldn't figure out where to hang it. We have a lot of trees but they are giant trees with no low branches. I ended up hanging off the side porch, which makes a sort of short balcony because of the slop of the land. It's harder to climb a rope ladder than you think because it is so wiggly. This is Izzie giving it a go.

 And Maddie about to take a turn.

 Swimming at the public pool in Camas.



 We got to gymnastics early one day and the girls decided to sit in the front seat before we went inside. (Maddie, Izzie)


 Went to our friend's house. Olivia was at her grandma's house but Izzie and Maddie got to play with Hailey and Emma.
 Izzie and Maddie showing off their jean shorts. I couldn't get them to wear any last summer, so glad they are wearing them this summer!

 Their room as it is now. I'm thinking bunkbeds, but either way we need some sort of headboards. I have some artwork I want to hang also, but have to go to IKEA for frames.

 Went out to dinner at one of our favorite restaurants called Twilight. Maddie was using my sunglasses. John said she looked like her Aunt Dana here.

 Izzie

 These curtains ended up being a weekend project. I started with two panels and realized I needed three. But three would be odd, so I cut one down the middle (after having to go back to the store because the first one I got was packaged wrong and was a different pink curtain. grrr.) Then I sewed the two pieces to the other orginal panels. Then I bought a million spools of ribbon and hand sewed them into loops, putting crystals at the ends of some of them. Strung them all individually on the rod. It looks awesome though! And these are black out curtains which totally rock.

Close up of the ribbons.

No comments: