Wednesday, July 10, 2013

More Summer Adventures

 Two Friday's ago we went to back to the Sandy Swimming Hole with some friends. This time the water was still icy, but it was warm enough outside to splash around in it. The girls were sad I didn't pack swimsuits, because they were ready to get in! I told them they could get their clothes wet (I had packed extras for when we left) but they didn't want to. At one point Izzie did sort of fall in, but she wasn't exactly pleased about that!

 Izzie and Maddie

Big rock!

 Emily got in pretty far with her boys.

 Back in the parking lot. I wrangled the boys in the back of my van so Emily could put away her things. (Maddie, Izzie, Christopher, William and James.)

 After the swimming hole, we drove over to our friend Natalie's house for about an hour to get out of the sun for a bit. Then we went to our first ACE meeting. It's a homeschool social fun group. The girls jumped right in with a mom who was teaching how to make bubble wands and homemade bubbles.

 Maddie and Izzie working with bubble wands. Izzie sucked in instead of blowing out and got a mouth full of bubbles!

 Then the next day was painting day! A sort of "before" picture. The beds weren't made but you get the idea. boring walls. They still have a shower curtain up for their window covering because the blinds fell down and broke in half. I wanted to wait until the walls were painted before picking out a new window covering.


 This was the wall they were most excited about painting. Ugly brown. (Seriously, I like some brown walls, but this one was a very dull shade.)

 John and I pushed all the furniture to the center of the room.


 And told the girls to start painting! They actually did a pretty good job. They painted this entire section under the window by themselves.

 And then it was PINK.

 Very bubble gum bright pink at that...

 And since I was all sweaty and half covered in paint anyway, I decided to tackle the grill. By the way we did all of this in JUNE without the air conditioner on. I still can't believe it. Anyway, this grill was given to us by John's dad. It is ginormous and it was mostly rust. I sanded it down and then bought high heat grill paint and went to town. Now it is sparkly. I  have already used this baby twice!

Maddie and Izzie splashin' around.

No comments: