Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pre-Camping

A couple of weeks ago, I got invited to an informal "Mommy and Me" campout. Basically 5 moms with lots of kids are going to brave the wilderness for two nights. At first I was like, "Oh yeah, I'm SO doing that!" Then as it got closer, I was like, "No way, I'm not crazy." So I put it out of my mind. But as it got closer, I knew I just had to do it. So two nights ago, I went ahead and reserved my site for this Monday and Tuesday nights. So this weekend has been about getting ready to camp. I found a bunch of my old camp gear in the garage and made a menu plan. I'm going to keep things fairly simple because it's my first time camping in about 10 years. Maybe 8. It's been a long time. The girls and I did do a practice run in my moms backyard last summer, but we haven't done anything other than that.

video
This morning Maddie and Izzie helped me make bread to take.

 Maddie really had fun kneading the dough. I made enough for two loaves so we'll have plenty of bread for when we get back from camping too. I'll stick one in the freezer.

 Izzie.

John found his old trumpet and let the girls play with it. Izzie went off to her bedroom and practiced making the lip sounds for a good solid 30 minutes. She was doing pretty good too! I know it isn't easy.

Unrelated, to everything... this house is in my neighborhood. I love how over the top it is with the garden. The window boxes are my favorite part.

No comments: