Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Take your Kids to Work Day

A couple of weeks ago, it was take your kids to work day. Well John told the girls about it before he found out the details and they were excited. Turned out it was really planned for older kids. But John got permission to bring  the girls to work with him for a couple of hours anyway. They were very happy about this!
 Maddie and Izzie working in an empty cube next to Daddy's cube.


 Daddy's work has an entire wall that is painted with special dry erase marker paint. This was very entertaining to two girls I know.

 Maddie



 John printed out some code and told them to highlight any mistakes he made. Looks like he's got a lot of work to do! He had to reassure them that it was just pretend so they wouldn't worry that he really wanted them to check his work! They can be so serious sometimes.


 After a couple hours I came to pick them up. They got name badges to show me and even designed their own business cards. All in all, it was a terrific day at work with dad. It worked out for me too, because I woke up sick that morning. So I got to take it easy that morning!

 This is Maddie right after I painted her finger nails. She immediately had an itch on her nose. I couldn't help but laugh at the expression on her face as she wrestled with trying NOT to scratch it! (Oh and she painted that butterfly on her shirt!)

 Maddie Blue Eyes.

 Izzie designing some couture outfits out of felt.

Maddie doing some fancy designing herself.

No comments: