Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mostly random going ons

 While unpacking, I came across my old Patch Jacket. Official Girl Scout Badges go on your sash or vest, but it is fun to collect Patches from different camps, touristy places and more. The pocket is stuffed full of patches I never got around to sewing on, but it also looks like I was running out of room. Too bad I don't remember where most of these came from!!

 Panda was (is?) my camp name. My mom embroidered it on the back shoulder for me.

 The wisteria vine was so pretty when it bloomed, but I had a horrible time getting a good picture of it. I figured quantity would make up for quality.





 One day it was so amazingly beautiful that the girls and I took a blanket and a stack of books outside to read. This is laying in the backyard looking up.

 Reading soon turned into mud making.

 I stayed laying on the blanket watching the girls. That's our shed.

 We love watching the squirrels. But don't let the feeders get empty. One day one of the squirrels somehow managed to get it down and carry it across the yard!


 Two princesses. (Izzie and Maddie.)

 Playing at the park.

 Izzie and Maddie at storytime.


 Storytime craft. They decorated postcards that the library sent them in the mail. The stories were all about mail. Pretty cool!

 Playing at the library.


 This is one angle of the discovery center at the library.

Another angle of the space.

1 comment:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

Wow...that library looks incredible!!!

And your wisteria was so pretty! There was lots of wisteria in the town where we lived in Mississippi...so many arbors...it was so gorgeous.

And I remember seeing the pictures of your patches you posted on FB. It makes me wonder where my GS jacket got off too. Of course I may find some treasures like that when we clean out the garage...it's mostly got stuff from my house growing up. ;) I know I have the GS uniform that belonged to my aunt (who was born in 1942!).