Friday, March 1, 2013

10 Year Anniversary




Today is our 10 year anniversary. Just the thought of that makes me smile. I remember very clearly coming back to our apartment after our honeymoon 10 years ago and thinking ahead to the future. Wondering where we'd be. Would we have kids? How many? What kind of house? Would I be working? What kinds of memories would fill the next 10 years of my life? I liked being a newly wed, but for some reason, 10 years was stuck in my head. It sounded like security.

I married such a wonderful man. He's fun, smart and great looking too! He's a wonderful provider for our family; allowing me to be a stay-at-home mom and homeschool our kids. He works hard at his job and takes pride in his accomplishments. He likes to spoil his "three" girls. He's the best father any little girl could ask for. I'm so glad that I met him. I knew right away that he was someone special.

Today is a special day for me. I can look back at the past 10 years with a big smile on my face. Remembering the trips we've been on both as a couple and as a family, Disney (Florida), Boston, Tahoe a couple of times, Wisconsin, Hawaii, California and various weekend get-aways to my in-laws time share cabins across Texas. I look at our beautiful children. I am so lucky to have such beautiful, smart and healthy; rambunctious five year olds. We've made it through a few job changes that included 3 layoffs. And now, we are starting our next 10 years in a new city. In 9 days, the girls and I fly to Washington to start our new adventure in a very exciting place of the country. If 10 years of marriage is this great, I can't wait to see 20!

2 comments:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

Happy anniversary!!! 

We celebrated our 10-year anniversary alongside two five-month olds, but it was still pretty incredible to step back and think about how much we packed into those 10 years.

I've had my sights set on a trip to Hawaii for our 20-year anniversary...and maybe a vow renewal on the beach?  The girls will be 10 then, and I think it would be all sorts of fun.  :)

Sheri Ohly said...

Happy anniversary!  It is fun to see your twins and the great activities you do with them.  I am also a mom of twin girls!  Follow me at http://designingdreams-sheri.blogspot.com.  Enjoy your new adventure in Washington!