Tuesday, November 6, 2012

We got our sticker

Sorry for the grimaces, apparently the sun was too bright. I took Izzie and Maddie with me to vote today. We talked about how we have a president and who the first president was. We talked about how in some countries the people don't get to vote for what is important to them. And how in our very own country women didn't get to vote a long time ago.

Then I told them how they needed to behave while we were voting. I said if there was a long line that they were going to need to be patient. I told them that when we got in the voting room that they needed to be very, very quiet since people were trying to concentrate. I told them they would get a sticker after voting and they were sold. They were not leaving the polling place until they got their sticker. I thought that was hilarious.

1 comment:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

I almost never talk politics in public...I learned a nasty lesson over 10 years ago, and it's just not something I discuss outside of close company.

But I know the entire polling station knew our vote...my A was in my lap, pointing out our candidate's name...VERY loudly.  :)