Sunday, November 11, 2012

My Authors

Early this afternoon, while I was on the phone the girls were flipping through a catalog that came in the mail. They were happy enough so I went on with my phone call. After the call, Maddie comes up to me and told me she wrote a story about a man she saw in the catalog. Then she showed it to me. She wrote:

TO BITE(ing)
WNDEMINCEAMTO

Let me translate. The story starts on the second line and she ran out of room (she was writing it in a space on the catalog) and then it continues to the first line.

WN: One
DE: Day
MIN: Men
CEAM: Came
TO: To
(next line)
TO: To
BITE(ing): Building (She got really tired at this point and asked if I could help her sound out the ING which is a sound combo we have not covered yet.)

This was all on her own initiative with absolutely zero help from me (except the ing at the end.) She turns five in a little over a month. I am so proud of her!

Izzie also wrote a story to go along with a picture she drew. She took a different approach and wrote lots of letters (some beginning sounds) to words she wanted to tell in her story. Then she just recited the story to me. I'll have to get her to tell it to me again tomorrow so I can write down her words, I didn't get a chance to tonight. But again, I'm so proud that she took it on her own initiate to draw and write letters down to her own story.

Here are photos of their work: (I'll have to take better photos of these tomorrow when the sun is out, they came out pretty terrible tonight.)


1 comment:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

That's awesome!!!  I know you're one proud mama, as well you should be!!!