Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Carvin'

 Maddie playing at the park during a house showing. This day was pretty funny because we actually ran into the lady who was going to look at our house. We were at the park maybe 5 minutes when and SUV with a mom and two kids gets out. I say Hi to her and she asked me if I lived in the neighborhood. I laughed and told her I did, but that I had my house up for sale and we'd be moving soon. She said she was actually looking at houses that day but her realtor was running late so she brought the kids to the park. Found out, she was my showing! So of course I talked up the neighborhood and the house a bunch but she didn't end up making us an offer.

 Izzie
 Izzie
 Maddie
 Maddie and Izzie

 Later that day we went to the bookstore with my mom. The girls saw this poster of Brave and wanted to pose in front of it... such hams!

 Maddie has suddenly taken an interest in fashion and has started to put together outfits. Before she'd always just grab what was on top or let Izzie pick something out for her. I actually thought this outfit was sorta punky cute. Today she decided to wear two different tennis shoes to have "crazy shoes" on.

 Almost everynight when I go to check on them before I go to bed I have to remove books from their beds. Maddie.

 Izzie.

 About to carve our pumpkin... the sun was too bright! Maddie and Izzie

 Ew... I don't wanna do the seeds Mom!- Izzie

 Drawing eyelashes is so much more fun. Maddie

 Izzie dancing on the picnic table watching her shadow dance with her.

 Maddie and Izzie making banana muffins for the Halloween Playgroup Party.

 They came out so pretty! I'm really starting to get the hang of this baking thing (minus birthday cakes which have still been a dismal failure.)

 Izzie and Maddie
 Izzie and Maddie

 Maddie in her Rapunzel costume. I finally finished the wigs! They came out pretty terrific too. I made the dresses too. Izzie, unfortunately did not get to attend the party. She was serving out a punishment at my moms house. I think I remember my mom telling me that sometimes things were harder for her than for me growing up and I am starting to get it. I was crying as much as Izzie when I had to drop her off so she didn't get to go to the party. But she hit me and that is not acceptable. She needed a consequence that would actually, hopefully make an impact.

 Maddie

 Pregnant Melanie and Pregnant Erin, and Alison.

 Maddie liked this rocket launcher.

 Wee! Gabe watching on.

 I love that she fell asleep reading a book about the Human Body. I showed this photo to mom and she said I need to keep it and give it to her when she enters medical school... she started studying early!

This morning the girls RAN into my room. Momma! Momma! They were so excited. They'd seen some of the sunrise from the family room window and wanted to look out my window where the view is better. They started yanking on the blinds. I rolled out of bed and was happy they didn't let me miss this wonderful sunrise.

No comments: