Monday, September 24, 2012

FIRST Hair Cut

 My girls are 4 years and 9 months old and I still get to brag about a "first." Last Tuesday they got their very first haircut. Their hair just naturally grew in a nice way, parting on the side, bangs mostly staying out of their faces, etc. So I never felt the need to trip or cut it. But the ends were finally starting to get dried and tangled so I called for a hair appointment. They were okay with the idea, but not thrilled. They just wanted a trim and they wanted their hair cut exactly the same as each other. It was all going smoothly until we pulled up and I asked who was going first. I ended up picking Izzie since I had no volunteers and she had a mini-melt down. Alyson was terrific with her though, asking her about her favorite Princesses and just getting her to relax. Soon she was shampooing her hair and trimming it up. Here is the before picture of Izzie and Maddie.

 It was pretty long!

 Izzie getting her hair washed.

 Alyson trimming Izzie's hair, as you can see she's not exactly jumping with joy.

 Maddie.

 Maddie actually gave me a mini smile.

 The after. Maddie is not upset about her hair, she was grumpy about something else. Their hair does seem to lay a bit differently after the cut, but they are happy with it.

The back.

No comments: