Friday, August 3, 2012

On being spontaneous

Yesterday (that would be Thursday) my Mema called me at 11:30am and asked if the girls and I would go to Alabama with them on Monday. More precisely they are leaving at 3:00am on Monday. Which means I need to drive to her house in Bryan (about 4 hours away) on Sunday. I spent most of the rest of the day yesterday mulling over the idea of going on a last minute vacation that involved a 16 hour drive in a minivan with two 70 year olds, two 4 year olds, my 8 year old cousin and myself. There is not going to be a lot of room for extra stuff. I told her that we'd love to join them and then I just was sort of in shock for the rest of the day. I got a decent nights sleep last night and so today I'm going to be extremely busy. Packing and prepping for this drive. I've got to clean out my minivan, prep up snacks, figure out entertainment that doesn't take much room and pack and try to get my cat into the vet for a suspected ear infection. Wowsers.

No comments: