Saturday, June 9, 2012

Summer trip to Bryan

 Once again, blogger isn't letting me put the photos up in order, which is a pain in the neck. So this was our trip to Bryan last weekend and it is all out of order. This is Izzie playing with her iPad on the drive there. It was their first time to ever use headphones. Boy am I glad I spur of the moment ran into Target to buy these $8 headphones before we left town!

 Before we left, we rescued a tiny little turtle out of Nanna's pool. This is Izzie and Maddie checking it out. One more thing to note... they both wore pink on purpose. They wanted to trick Mema and Pepaw to who was who!

 Maddie playing with her iPad on the drive down to Bryan.

 Playing puzzle books with mema. (Maddie and Izzie.)

 We attempted a photo of Mema and Pepaw with their two sets of twins. The younger twins are their grandchildren and my, older, twins are their great grandchildren.
Mema & Pepaw have three kids: Karen, Duane and Darrin.
Karen has Amanda (me) and Rhonda.
I have Maddie and Izzie.
Duane has Dustin, Derrick and Casey
Dustin has Ryan and Mathew
Derrick has Memphis, Austin, (stepchild Emery) and Azalea is on the way.
Darrin has Darian and Daylynn (10 months old.)

So in summary: Lena Hill (Mema) and Howard Hill (Pepaw) have 3 children, 7 grandchildren and 7 (almost 8) great-grandchildren.

 Mema and I babysat Darian and Daylynn so that my mom and Chris could take Darin and Rebecca out for birthday dinners. We put Maddie and Izzie down for bed and stayed up playing with the babies. Darian was sitting here making her sissy laugh over and over. It was so funnny.

 Darian and Daylynn.

 My Unka D, Darrin, Master Photographer, extraordinaire.

 Bedtime yet?

 Unka D and Me.

 Izzie

 Izzie was brushing Maddie's hair.I'm not sure why she is frowning in this photo, they were having a great time.

 Posing for a photo. Izzie and Maddie.

 Awesome birdbath at Avalon. Izzie and Maddie in the background.

 Playing in a little pool at Mema's. Maddie and Izzie.

 Maddie and Izzie.

 Maddie and Izzie

 Maddie and Izzie were cutting all of Mema's flowers. But it was okay, Mema said they could. Plus, they are flower hunters.

 Maddie and Mema
 Mema and Pepaw with Izzie, Daylynn, Darian and Maddie.

 Nanna with Popo and Izzie and Maddie.

 Izzie helping Rebecca feed the babies.

 Izzie and Maddie

The younger identical twins with the older identical twins. (Darian, Daylynn, Izzie and Maddie.)

2 comments:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

I started trying to follow your family tree outline...but I got lost quickly!  ;)  Glad you had a great visit!  And that's just so neat to think of two sets of twins for your grandparents!  

Amanda Dittlinger said...

I even tried color coding it! LOL... family trees get complicated. It is fun to have two sets of twins in the family. The funniest think to me is that the grandtwins are 3.5 years younger than the Great-GrandTwins!


I'm the oldest grandchild at 32 years old. Darian and Daylynn are the youngest grandchild at 10 months. What a span! 

My mom and her brothers are all 5 yrs apart. Mom was born, 5 yrs later Duane was born, 5 years later Darrin was born.