Saturday, June 16, 2012

The BIG Day


I hope you got the memo. Today was of course the most important day of the year. It was Nanny's 90th Birthday Celebration! Nanny is John's Grandma on his Mother's side. Nanny's birthday is always a big deal, but this year it was a huge deal (as it should be!) She was surrounded by love on all sides. She had a great big party, a huge turn out. There was some elaborate deception going on too. Jackie wanted to surprise her with a visit from her sisters and brothers that all live in Wisconsin. We thought maybe she guessed at one point, but if she did figure it out, she's one heck of an actress because she sure looked shocked to see them come to the party. Okay, well I have about a million photos of from the day, and I do plan on sharing most of them. Most focus around my kids, but I'm partial to their looks. I took about 100 photos today, I promise not to put them ALL up here....

 When we arrived at the Country Club where the party was to take place, there was this lovely wrought iron bench so I just HAD to steal a photo op... Maddie and Izzie.


Izzie and Maddie.
This is where Jackie tells Nanny that she has sinned. She said she was waiting for Father to show up so she could confess her sins. She said, "Mom, I've been lying to you! And I've kept lying and lying!" Nanny's draw DROPPED to the floor. She had no idea what Jackie was talking about. Apparently keeping the secret about Betty and the other's visit turned into an interesting web of lies that involved many people and lots of trickery. But it was SO worth it. Jackie then turned around as Nanny's brother and her sisters came in the room and said, "We wanted to surprise you!" And Nanny was very, very surprised.

 She just kept staring at her sisters at first because she was so shocked, she couldn't imagine them being there. 

 
  Nanny giving her brother Jim a big hug.

 Nanny with Maddie and Izzie.

 Sabrina, Lucy, Maddie and Izzie.

 Nanny with her sisters, Carol and Betty and her Great Grandchildren. Sammy, Sabrina, Holly, Izzie, Lucy Maddie and Zach. (Zach is one of Nanny's son, Jim's, grandkids.)

 Maddie, Sabrina, Holly, Izzie, Lucy and Sammy.

 Dana the Child Whisperer. She was trying to keep the kids quiet during the speeches.

 What a family! Chris, Julie, Judy, Tom, John, Amanda, Holly, Cody. Sabrina, Sammy, Zach, Jim, Nanny, Maddie, Jackie, Izzie, Dana and Lucy.

 Izzie

 Izzie with her Daddy.

 Izzie, Lucy and Maddie.

 Izzie and her Momma.

 Jim, Nanny and Jackie.

 My husband gives great speeches, even on the fly.

 Some of the out of towners! Judy, Carol and Betty visiting with Nanny.

 The grandkids sang You are my Sunshine to Nanny for her birthday. Sabrina, Lucy, Maddie, Izzie, Zach and Sammy.


 My Maddie.

 Grown-ups can be SO boring. Maddie and Izzie trying to find someway to be entertained during the party.

 But that is what cousins are for, right? A rousing game of Ring Around the Rosie cures all that bores you.
Maddie, Izzie, Sabrina and Lucy.

 Maddie and Momma.

 Jackie listening to Nanny thank everyone for being there for her.

Sabrina

 These are my two brother-in-laws and you know, they are pretty good guys. Cody and Chris.

 Downtime on Grandma's bed.

 "Really?" She says, "You are really going to take a photo of me right now?" "Oh great... I bet it's going on the blog!" Yep! HI DANA!

 My cute Holly. She's turning 1 in less than a month. Since John and I were the only one's around for her birthing-day, hopefully more show up for her 1 year birthday!

 Izzie just hanging around with Dad.

 My family.

Maddie having a swingin' good time with her Daddy.

1 comment:

madibone said...

Amanda,
Thanks for the update on the Party for Nanny.  I was talking to Kristen and she told me you had posted.  I'm so happy everything went as planned.  I will be calling Nanny tomorrow. Love to all.
God Bless,
Marie DiBone