Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Ice Cube Tray Lunch

  So what do you do when you really need to go to the grocery store at lunch time? There is one sad hot dog staring at you, and a bit of this and a bit of that, but nothing really to make a LUNCH?  Make an ICE CUBE TRAY lunch! It makes things SO much more exciting. Chopsticks would have been a fun touch but I didn't think of that in time. Other ideas would be: hard boiled egg, pickles, olives, carrot, shredded chicken... the list can go on. And the surprising thing was this didn't take hardly any more time to throw together than what I normally make for the girls. And they did have fun with it! With every bite they were announcing what they were going to eat next, and next.

 Izzie
Maddie

1 comment:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

That's awesome!  Now that the girls are a bit older, I love being able to do this-and-that meals from time to time.  They love fresh veggies, so it's easy to do grape tomatoes, cucumber, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms, maybe served with hummus and some cubed cheese and crackers.  AND I don't have to cook!  :)  I've never served it in anything neat before, though...think I'll add that to my summer bucket list.  And I just ordered some chopsticks for them last night.  :)