Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Tattling

Oh the curiosity! Izzie just came up to me and said, "I'm not tattling right now. Maddie did something bad, but I am not telling you so I won't tattle."

I told her that maybe she should go tell her sister that she thinks she's making a bad choice and that maybe Maddie should go talk to me about it. So off Izzie went to talk to Maddie. I also told her that if Maddie was doing something dangerous that she could tell me and it wouldn't be tattling.
I'll go talk to Maddie in a bit, but I figured I'd give her some time to come to me first.
--------------
Later: Maddie did come to talk to me, it really wasn't a big deal... she put a toy in her mouth, which of course is against the rules. So this was more about Izzie trying to learn when it is okay to tattle than anything Maddie did.

1 comment:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

You know I love looking ahead to see what may be in store for me in another year.  Right now tattling is not a big issue for us, but the girls do "correct" each other -- playing little mama -- from time to time.  It's super cute, but I know I have to keep an eye on it.  Sounds like you've got a good system in place...and conscientious girls!  :)