Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Huge Success

Well from all accounts the girls first night away at Grandma and Grandpa's house was a huge success. They had such a great time. They told me all about that they went to the Club with Grandma and Grandpa for dinner and got to see Santa Claus and do an art project. They said the food was great and of course the cupcakes were the best. They both said they had a great time talking to Santa. Then it was time to go back to Grandma and Grandpa's house and they got to see The Village. Jackie, my mother-in-law has the most amazing Miniature Christmas Village I have ever seen. Over the years she has collected so many pieces, little stores, an ice skating rink, people, snowmen, a Santa, Cinderella's castle and more. Every piece to her collection has a story or meaning. Each piece represents a memory, a person or a special place. And when she gets out the entire Village it is ah-mazing. It must take several hours to set up. It spans three cafeteria tables and an entire wrap around a bay window seat.

The girls must have spent a long time looking at it because they recited back several of their favorite pieces that they saw. I think this is the first year that they've gotten to see the entire thing. I think their first or second Christmas she got out some of the Village, but I don't think the entire thing has gone up in a while. Anyway, it's impressive. I'll post photos later, I forgot to snap any this morning.

Jackie said both girls were asleep by the time their heads hit the pillow at 7:45 but they were rockin' and a rollin by 6am. Grandma made them a special breakfast, per their request and then their cousin Sabrina joined them at 7:30. I got there at 10:30 to pick them up and they were NOT ready to leave. They had so much fun spending time at Grandma's house and even though they got sleep the excitement level, not to mention 3 solid hours of playing with their cuz they were TIRED. So they may have had a bit of a melt down. They were just so sad to leave. I know how it goes. I did the same thing when I had to leave my Mema's house when I was a kid, but deep down it just means that they had an awesome good time.

They almost fell asleep in the car but somehow made it home. We ate a lunch and then I sent them up for an early nap. I knew they were tired when there wasn't even one complaint! They are already asking when the next time is that they get to spend the night at Grandma and Grandpa's house!
 Izzie eating at the Club.

 Izzie, Santa and Maddie.

 Maddie eating a chocolate covered strawberry.

Maddie and Izzie working on their art project.

Thanks for sending photos Grandma!

No comments: