Friday, December 16, 2011

Getting Ready for the B-Day party!

Today was a whirlwind of organization, party planning, and grocery shopping. Somehow I got a lot done but not as much as I wanted, but that's okay. It'll all work out and be terrific. I'm not the same host I was a few years ago, where EVERYTHING had to be dusted, vacuumed, sparkling and cooked to perfection. Now if there is some food out and enough of the clutter is shoved to the side that people can walk around... life is good. (Yeah right... I'm a bit more picky than that, but I have calmed down since having kids.) The girls are excited about their party. Their main concern is the cake, which I put in my Mom's capable hands. (Thanks Mom!) That and the chicken wings. They love chicken wings and that is what they requested for their birthday dinner. I'm glad it's chicken wings and not shrimp. When I was their age I asked my mom to take me to Red Lobster for my birthday so I could get a shrimp cocktail. I thought I was SO fancy.

I think Maddie may have caught the bug that I just got over. She complained her throat was hurting a couple times today. Mostly she seemed fine but she was dragging a bit all day. I hope she feels okay for her party tomorrow. It's a bummer to be sick on your birthday!

We did a lot of snowman crafts to decorate for their party, I didn't get as many done as I had originally hoped, but even so, we did quite a few. They are proud of every single one of them too! The other day when Jackie and Tom came by to pick them up, they walked around the house and showed Grandma every one they did! that made me feel good, because some of those projects were a bit of a struggle, so I'm glad they are proud of them!

All right... I've got some food to prep for tomorrow!

No comments: