Thursday, September 29, 2011

Patterns and Puppets


 Fun photo of me.
 Izzie playing in her fort.

 Maddie
 Maddie and Izzie.
 Just hanging out.

 Pattern game I made for the girls. I made lots of extra shapes and we can create patterns either by using color or shape.
 Our table was a bit dirty this morning, the most fun way to clean a dirty table? Shaving Cream. It really works! This of course is Izzie before she dives into her "I."

 Maddie got a big "M."
 And SMOOSH. I didn't put smocks on them because these nightgowns needed to go in the wash anyway. We practiced making letters in the shaving cream. When you are done you just rub and rub until it disappears. You are left with a clean table.

 Our first puppet show at home. This is Izzie

 Izzie and Maddie
Izzie and Maddie.

For the puppet show, I just bought a tension rod that would fit in our office doorway and then I threw a blanket over it. I may get fancy one day and sew up some fabric and decorate it so it's a "fancy" theater. You can also add a second tension rod to the top to make a curtain to pull back. But this was a fast and fun start. I showed them how to hide behind the curtain and hold the puppets up (they need practice on that, obviously!) Then when I asked them to put a show on for me they didn't know what to say. So I got them to read me a book. Both girls "read" books to me and had a blast putting on a show!


No comments: