Wednesday, September 14, 2011

On sharing

Morning monitor conversation:

Background:  the girls have a clock that turns green at 7 am signaling they can leave their room and play in the family room until I get up.

Maddie woke up first and was playing with a dollhouse doll. She took him in the room where Izzie (was) sleeping.

Izzie (not all the away awake): That is MINE!
Maddie:  no mine! I had him first!
(Back and forth about 20 times.)
Maddie (came in my room): momma I had him first!
Me: tell sissy he was yours since you had him first and she can have him when you are done.
Maddie: OK
She goes tells sissy. Then comes back to me.
Maddie: sissy wants him now.
Me: you woke sissy up, she's a bit grumpy right now. Stay out of your room until she's up.
Maddie (to Izzie): you can have the doll now, I'm going to go play with my leappad book.
Izzie: NO! I want to play with the leappad book!!!
Maddie ( in a very calm soothing voice): Izzie its okay. We have 2 of those....

1 comment:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

At least they recognize there are two of the SAME things at this age.  It still seems like our girls want That Exact One (even if there's a duplicate) at times!  :)  :)