Wednesday, September 7, 2011

A bit of this and that

This last labor day weekend, we pretty much laid low and hung out around the house. We celebrated my father-in-law's birthday on Friday afternoon but other than that I'm not sure we even went anywhere! It was a nice change of pace. Monday we had our first cool front come through and we opened all the windows in the house. That was a terrific feeling. Although, I think it may have stirred up Izzie's allergies. Ever since switching to local raw honey, both of the girls allergy problems have been reduced significantly but they still surface occasionally. Yesterday morning/early afternoon Izzie was pretty miserable with alternating stuffy nose and runny nose. But by the late afternoon she was outside running and playing again! Love the resiliency of kids.

I worked on a quick little project during naptime that has been a huge success! I made each girl a "picture" frame out of foam and vinyl that they can change out their artwork in easily. They love it, and last evening went on a coloring spree and  almost went through an entire ream of paper so they could keep putting their "favorite" picture in the frame.

 Maddie and Izzie playing Ring Around the Rosie.
Lucy

 Sabrina, Dana and Holly

 Grandpa, Sabrina, Sammy, Lucy, Dana and Nanny.

 Izzie, Maddie, John and Grandma
 Chris and Holly
 Jackie and Tom

 Maddie and Izzie playing with Daddy's D&D figurines.

 I don't do silly lunches often, but sometimes they are fun. I kept it simple with a "bird" and a "tree."

 Maddie running with her balloon.

 Maddie and Izzie. Izzie's balloon was tied to this giraffe so it wouldn't fly away.

The frames I made out of foam and vinyl. I used brads from the scrapbook isle to attach everything together. I wanted it to be stronger than glue. The tops are not sealed except for a piece of velcro so they can slip artwork in them easily.

No comments: