Monday, August 22, 2011

Sammy's 7th Birthday

This weekend went by crazy fast for me! Saturday we got to attend my nephew Sammy's 7th birthday party. It was at Going Bonkers and it was bonkers! That place is a mad house (in a good way.) As my sister-in-law described it, it's a Mc Donald's play house on steroids. It's a huge maze of tunnels, pathways, bouncy rooms, bridges, slides and more. It was a bit overwhelming for me at first, which I'm sure translated to the girls. I mean, I can see it being terrific for the 7-10 yr old crowd. Just send them up in that maze and the parents can sit back and (try) to relax. But with 3.5 year olds I was trying to keep my eyes on them at all times and it was impossible. But they did pretty good. They got lost up in the maze at one point and I was trying to locate them. Luckily another grown-up was up there with her kid and she was able to point them in the right direction down. After that we stayed in the kiddie area until it was time for pizza and cake. The funny thing is, Sabrina, the girls' cousin who is 3 months younger wasn't fazed in the least by the maze. She also was following the big boys around like no big deal. I guess that is a huge difference in a second child versus (two) first kids!

Sammy looked like he was having the time of his life and I'm so glad we came to see that smile of his. We sang him a Happy Birthday and played for a bit longer before begging off. I heard later that they stayed at Going Bonkers for hours and hours playing! We went to Grandma and Grandpa's house after the party and hung out there for a couple of hours. It was a good day.

Yesterday was spent cleaning, shopping and playing D&D. I made a fantastic dinner, with John's help. (He grilled the steak perfectly!) At dinner the girls had their best manners on. They told me that my dinner was terrific, then they turned to John and told him, "And you did a very good job on grilling the meat, Daddy." It was so very grown-up of them. After we put the girls down to bed, John and I installed a Nancy Drew game on my computer to play together. We used to play that series a lot before the girls were born. It's a fun puzzle game and I'm glad John suggested we play it last night. We make a good team solving the problems in the game, plus anytime I can figure out something before John I get really excited!

Here are some photos from Going Bonkers:
 Izzie on a bridge/balance beam with Grandma watching.

 Maddie, Izzie and Sabrina in one of the bouncy areas.

 One of the BIG slide structures.

 Izzie and Maddie way up high.

 Julie and Sammy

 Sweet Sabrina.

 John

 Izzie running.

Sabrina in a tea-cup.

No comments: