Thursday, July 7, 2011

Little Miss Holly Elise Klement has arrived!

Sometime this morning I got a call from John telling me that his sister was having what we hoped were braxton hicks contractions, but that she was going to check them out at the doctor. I didn't think too much of it, since my sister-in-law, Dana, wasn't due for another 4 weeks. I had a friend come over and we were having a playdate, when around 12:45, I get another call from John. Dana was going in for an emergency c-section. I looked up at my friend Melanie and told her the situation. She agreed to stay with all the kids, until my mom could come over and relieve her. I called my mom and she dropped everything to head on over to watch Maddie and Izzie. I grabbed a camera and ran out the door. My mother-in-law, Jackie along with my other sister-in-law and the rest of the family are all on vacation in Wisconsin right now. None of us were expecting Baby Klement to arrive early! Dana has had a very great pregnancy.

I missed seeing her before she went into the operating room, but John and I sat in the waiting room and sent in as many positive thoughts as we could. Soon, Cody called John and let us know that baby and momma were both safe and doing well. We got to go back and see Baby Girl Klement, Holly Elise. She is such a precious little bundle of joy! Weighing in at 6.5 lbs and 18 inches long, she decided to arrive early. Not long after that, Cody's mom arrived from Muenster with Lucy (Holly's big sister) and Stacy, Dana's best friend. At first Holly was doing great, but after a bit of monitoring, they decided to put her in the transition NICU because her breathing was shallow and her temperature was low. They think she'll only be in there for a few hours. We stayed and visited for a bit, but decided to head on home to give Dana a bit of rest. I plan on taking Maddie and Izzie to meet their newest cousin in the morning. And for those counting, Jackie and Tom now have Six grand kids: Samuel, Madeline, Isabelle, Sabrina, Lucy and now, baby Holly. Sammy is the King of the hill that is for sure!

Lucy with Daddy.

John, Cody, Lucy and Stacy waiting for Dana to go to the recovery room.

Miss Holly Elise!

Holly got her sister a new toy.

Precious bundle of joy, Holly.

Showing Lucy her new baby sister.

Such a tiny bundle!

Daddy having fun with his older girl.

Lucy saying, "I have an itty bitty  baby!"

Dana with Lucy.

Lucy wanted a bandaid to match the one Momma got.

No comments: