Sunday, June 12, 2011

QOTW: Farvorite Parenting Myth



I haven't participated in a Multiples and More Question of the Week in awhile, but thought that the question this week was really good. What are some of your favorite parenting myths? The first thing that came to mind when I read this was that even despite your best efforts your kids WILL be "THAT" kid at some point in their lives. Probably more times than you ever thought possible. You know what I mean, before you have kids when you are the store and you see a mom with her kid who is throwing a temper tantrum and you think to yourself  "when I have kids, there is NO way they'll act that way!" Let me tell you... they will. At some point.

My twins are great in public, most of the time. But they have had their moments and I'm sure there was a kidless adult that was shaking their heads at me. You think to yourself, "Oh, I wish they could have seen them last time we were here, or ever five minutes ago!" But I've learned to tune out the rest of the world and focus on the temper tantrum at hand, get things under control or decide to bail. So the myth that your child will be perfect, is a fancy make believe myth for sure!

1 comment:

Courtenay Baker-Olinger said...

Stopping by from Multiples & More -- yes, it is awesome when you have "that kid" on your hands.  Or "those kids"...