Saturday, June 25, 2011

My children are so civilized

A bit of background... upstairs in our house we have a family room. It's mostly a tv, a couch, books for the kids and their doll house. Oh and all their loud musical instruments (which can only be used in the afternoon, I know... I'm a mean mommy.) Every morning when their toddler clock turns green at 7 am (they usually wake up anywhere between 6:45 and 7:15)  they are allowed to go into the family room and play quietly until I can peel myself out of bed. This works out so great.

This morning I overheard over their monitor before they went into the family room:
Girl 1: I turned on the light (to the family room.)
Girl 2: Oh! But it was my turn to turn on the light.
Girl 1: I am very sorry. Let me turn it off so you can turn it on.
Girl 2: Okay, thank you very much.

Why can't EVERY interaction go like that between the girls? It was so incredibly civilized. At least I know SOME of what I teach them is sinking in!

No comments: