Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Let's go fly a kite!

 My sister came over on Sunday afternoon to fly kites with the girls. They all had a great time! Here's John showing them how to put the kite together.

 John and Rhonda trying to get the kite up.

 Izzie, Maddie and Rhonda running after Daddy who has the kite.

 Rhonda, John and Maddie watching the kite fly.

 Rhonda, Maddie, Izzie and John.

 Finally got a shot of the kite!

Izzie, Maddie and Rhonda.
 
 Maddie, Rhonda and Izzie. They did great taking turns flying the kite.

 Izzie and Maddie saying thanks and good bye to Aunt Rhonda.

 A belated photo of the girls birthday gift to Daddy. Yes, almost a month ago, but I had a hard time finding square frames. They fingerpainted on canvas and then I printed out photos that John chose. I think the projects came out pretty cute! (Maddie, Izzie)

My new favorite gymnastics photo of Izzie and Maddie!

3 comments:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

I remember flying a kite a few times as a kid, and just thinking it was so magical...how fun!

And those pictures are awesome! Quick question...did the girls paint the colors individually (one color, then dry, then another color)? The couple of finger-painting projects we've done seem to turn into a gigantic blob of brown really quickly. :) I didn't know if that was just a function of the girls' age, or if there was a technique I was missing. Thanks!

dittdott said...

If I want the picture to look somewhat decent I limit their color choice to just two or three colors. I don't give them black and I try not to give them colors that will go to brown. For instance pink & green mixed will turn a light brown (as you can see a bit in the photo.) But the pink and purple look nice blended.

Also if you want something to look nice have it ready and then have another sheet of paper ready. Let them at the "nice" art for a short period of time... just as it starts to get muddy looking tell them, "Oh it is so pretty, lets put it up to dry. You can make another picture!" and do the swap!

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

Thanks for the pointers! :)