Friday, February 25, 2011

To my daughters

This morning the girls told me how life was going to be when they grow up. I figure in about twenty years when they are moving out on their own (hopefully) they'll want to read this.

Maddie told me she was going to live in a purple house with a purple car. But she was very careful to tell me that first she had to sell her white car. Oh, and her driveway was going to be really, really long so she can ride her bicycle.

Izzie said she was going to live in a pink house with a pink car. It'll be her first car she said.

I asked them if they were going to live in the same house when they grew up and they both said, "no." I asked why not and Izzie said very seriously, "Because my house is pink and Maddie's is purple." Of course! I asked them if they were going to have any pets. They both said that Jake (our cat) and Ripley (our dog) was going to live with them. When I asked how Jake and Ripley were going to live in both houses at the same time they weren't sure but they said maybe they could visit each other.

Sounds like a plan to me!

No comments: