Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Murder Mystery Dinner at Dave & Busters

 Daddy and Izzie at Madison and Sydney's 3rd Birthday Party.

 Daddy, Izzie and Maddie playing at The Gymnastics Place, where the Davis twins celebrated their 3rd birthday!

 Izzie, Daddy and Maddie showing off on the balance beams.

 CAKE! YUM. Izzie and Maddie.

 The birthday girls, Sydney and Madison.

 Maddie at gymnastics. Coach Steve is rolling her and Gabe.

 Maddie was riding her bike. She saw a flower, jumped off and ran to give it to me. She always stops to smell the "roses!"

 Maddie and Izzie playing a bowling game for the first time that Unka D and Auntie Rebecca gave them for Christmas two years ago!

 Izzie and Maddie
 Nanna and Popo stopped by to give the girls Valentine's presents. Here is Izzie and Popo.

Izzie, Maddie, Popo and Nanna. The weather was so nice, we just stayed out side playing, biking and visiting before dinner time!

I feel like a broken record when I say that I've been busy lately. But I really have been! It's been a fantastically full time of year for us. Saturday the girls were invited to Madison and Sydney's 3rd birthday party. We spent lunch with them on Friday, but that was a close group of friends. Saturday was the big sha-bang party. It was a gymnastics place and the kids all had a good time.

Saturday night John took me to Dave & Busters for Valentine's Day. We played the games a bit before our dinner. We were there for the Murder Mystery Dinner. We had a good time watching the crazy actors and trying to figure out the murder. John is usually really good at solving mysteries, but we got this one wrong. Although I do agree with him that their solution had holes and our solution was better!

Sunday we didn't have any formal plans but the day was filled up with cleaning house. John had the guys come over for D&D and I met Melanie at Target to look for a birthday gift for Jake and Ford who turn three on Friday. We decided to go in together and each get them a Monster truck toy. This way they got a bigger gift, but they each got one so as not to fight over them.

Monday Izzie woke up with a tummy ache. I could tell she wasn't feeling well especially when she didn't eat any breakfast. I asked her if she wanted to go to gymnastics and she said no. Luckily Mom was home so I dropped Izzie off at Nanna's house and just took Maddie to class. I didn't want Maddie to have to miss it. I was worried that Maddie would want to stay at Nanna's house too, but it turned out her concern was just for Izzie. She told me she was worried about sissy and she didn't want to be away from her. I explained that Nanna and Popo would take really good care of Izzie and that it was okay for her to go to class without sissy this time. She finally was okay with the situation and ended up having fun at class. Izzie got to watch The Wizard of Oz for the first time with Nanna and Popo. The funny thing was when I asked her what she did at Nanna's she told me she watched a movie about a dog. Later when I talked to Mom about it, she said Izzie was really interested in Toto throughout the entire movie! How funny is that! I never watched Wizard of Oz from Toto's perspective before.

Tuesday we went to... (oh wait.... that's today!) Haha... it's been a LONG day! This morning we went to Alison's house to celebrate Ford and Jake's birthday. The girls had a really good time playing and doing a fun sticker craft. This age, the kids LOVE stickers!! The weather was so nice that they got to play outside a bit too. The kids were having so much fun and the grown ups were visiting I almost forgot to leave in time to get the girls down for nap! But we made it home and although Izzie didn't sleep she got some quiet time. Then spontaneously we decided to go get some pizza for dinner with Nanna and Popo. It was a fun full day.

Tomorrow Grandma and Grandpa are going to come by and pick the girls up so they can spend the entire day over there. Maddie and Izzie are very excited to do that! I'm a bit excited too. I plan on spending the day doing some deep cleaning and organizing. I have a feeling my peaceful day is still going to be a tiring one! I can't wait to see the house sparkle and shine though!

No comments: