Saturday, January 29, 2011

Homemade Bathtub Art

 Daddy, Maddie, Izzie and Sabrina

 Sticking Foam pieces on the bathtub walls.

Maddie and Izzie all tucked in for reading time. We now have them read "quietly" in bed for 30 minutes before lights out! They get a later bedtime, we still get an evening at 7 pm!

This morning started off with John sleeping in a bit. He got back from his trip to Seattle last night and was tired from travel. As soon as he woke up, I took off to Hobby Lobby. I had some IDEAS in my head. I wanted to do some projects from blogs I got off the internet. I found a cool craft on how to make paper, but Maddie and Izzie didn't want to stop to do it this morning. We'll save it for another day. I also picked up a bunch of thin plain foam to make simple cut outs for bathtub fun. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner. It's one step beyond the ABC's you can buy in the bathtub toy section at the store. I bought the stuff to make some simple jewelry (my project!) but I'm already having some trouble with it. If I can get it to work, I'll post a photo of it. And I bought some more knitting needles. I'm still knitting.

I also went to the new Sachse's farmers market to pick up some pasture raised chicken eggs and raw milk cheese. I was going to buy some beef and chicken but John called me and said that Jackie and Tom were coming over with the 20 lbs of chicken we bought through some deal that Julie found. I figured we had enough meat for awhile with that! So after naptime they came over with Julie and Sabrina in tow. You'd think that the girls would have been excited to see their cousin at their house, but I guess they were groggy from waking up from naptime. At one point they even told Sabrina it was time for her to go home! I was happy to see all of them though.

At bathtime, I gave the girls the foam pieces I had cut out. I just did a bunch of random shapes. Triangles, squares, circles and hearts. I also attempted to make some clouds, raindrops, umbrella and flowers. I even through in some of the "discard" pieces figuring why not? They had a lot of fun soaking the foam in the water and watching it stick to the tub with surface tension. I think this will be a bathtub toy that will be played with a bunch over the next couple of weeks!

No comments: