Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11 A Brand New Year!

Well, John and I actually made it up to midnight last night. Today ended up being a very productive day for me. I finally tackled (most) of Mt. Laundry that got behind these past two weeks while John was home a lot. (When he's on vacation, I tend to take a vacation too!) Also today, I put away the beef stock that cooked all day yesterday. I ended up with about 6 quart size ziplock bags. I sure hope that stuff tastes better than it smells! I worked on organizing our new family room a bit more. I went out to lunch with Melanie. John and I took down all the Christmas decorations and I cooked The Homesick Texan's Black Eyed Pea and Chirizo Soup for dinner and had Rhonda, Mom, and Chris come by to eat with us. By the way, for those who don't like Black Eyed Peas (like my hubby) this was a winner. It just tasted like chili.

The girls had a great day, they played dress up, coloring, sorting and many of their other toys today. Both girls really love to sort small things like marbles, rocks, buttons etc. They got a tub of bears that is actually a counting game for Christmas but right now they are just using it to sort the bears into stacks. That and they keep "feeding" them to their baby dolls since they look like teddy bear crackers. (Hum... I need a small teddy bear cookie cutter for homemade crackers... and a bunny one too... I'll have to keep a look out!)

They love the Winnie the Pooh bath toy that Grandma got them so much that they were asking for a bath tonight. After they were washed and settled in for the night, John and I got out the Wii and played Wii bowling for the first time in forever in our new family room. That was so much fun! I also tried out the new Wii game I got for Christmas and am I'm so excited that we'll be able to play it so much more easily than when it was downstairs. I've got so many plans for our new family room, I can hardly stand it! I plan on getting a card table at some point and that way we can have family board game night.

Anyway... it was a great start to a new year. I am actually very excited for all that 2011 has in store for us!

No comments: