Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Nicknames

A conversation I overheard the other day and never wrote down:
Izzie to Maddie while working on a puzzle: "That's the wrong triangle, use this triangle, honey."
Maddie: "Thank you, sweetheart"

I just thought this was so precious. I call the girls: Sweetheart, Honey, Sweetpea, Sugar, Baby, Boo-Boo (Izzie) and Honey Bunny (Maddie) all the time. They've picked up on those nicknames and sometimes use them when talking to me and John. It doesn't bother me because they are using them in a loving way. For some reason it bugs my mom, she thinks they should only call me Mom or Momma. I sure don't just call them Isabelle and Madeline so I don't mind the loving nicknames. One mention though, I used to call Izzie Boo-Boo which was shortened from Isaboo and Maddie I'd call Boo-Boo Bear. But Maddie likes bunnies and Izzie likes bears so Maddie asked me to call her Honey Bunny instead of Boo-Boo Bear. I liked how she thought about it.

 Izzie working on making circles.

 Maddie working on circles.

No comments: