Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

Daddy and Izzie getting ready for church.

What an unusual Christmas Eve it has been. Seriously. Last night as I got home from my mom's house, I barely made it inside before I was sick. I won't go into details but it looked like I got hit with a stomach bug. I dragged myself up to bed and slept restlessly all night. This morning I woke up very weak and shakey. Maddie was complaining her stomach hurt too, and sure enough she got sick all over Daddy. What a trooper he was!

At one point I looked at the clock and seeing how it was only 9:30 am, I knew we had a very, very long day to get through. Izzie, Maddie and I laid on the couch and watched Dora the Explorer and the movie Up. Izzie wasn't sick but she wasn't feeling 100% either since she asked to go take a nap at 12:30 and neither girl ate much lunch. John took Izzie upstairs and I took Maddie upstairs and both girls fell asleep right away. We woke Izzie up at 2:30 to get  her ready to go to church with John. Since she was feeling good, we didn't want her to miss out on getting to go to Nanny's for the family Christmas Eve celebration. John said she was great at church and excited to see all the family.

Maddie woke up at about 3:15 and it was just the two of us pattering around the house for the afternoon. We colored, read lots of books, took a bath to feel better and in general just hung out. She kept saying things like, "Momma and Maddie." Even not feeling well, I think she enjoyed being home with just me. By the end of the night I think she was feeling a lot better. I hope we all get a good nights sleep because tomorrow is Christmas Day and Christmas at Grandma and Grandpa's house.

No comments: