Monday, November 29, 2010

High Tea at the Adolphus Hotel

Last Saturday was Tea day! Melanie invited me again this year to High Tea at the Adolphus Hotel in Downtown Dallas. This year it was Melanie, her neighbor Amy, Alison and myself. We had a very enjoyable time, sitting back eating dainty dishes, listening to live Christmas piano music and drinking fantastic tea. It's definitely an annual event that I now look forward to!

Today was gymnastics day and again, the girls amazed me. I think I said it last time, but again, I can't believe how far they've come since they started gymnastics months ago. Today they played in the block pit again, but this time the gym installed a trapeze bar over the pit. Maddie was watching an older girl swing on the trapeze and fall into the pit and she told me she wanted to try. I was a bit unsure because it was a very far fall. But she was insistent so I figured I'd let her try. She did great and fell out into the blocks. Then Izzie wanted a try. After my girls went all the other kids in the class got excited and most of them tried it too! Maddie had made it look fun and exciting. Maddie ended up only swinging twice, but Izzie went a million times. That is all she did for the entire class. They were both excited to tell Daddy all about it when he got home from work today!

 Izzie
 Izzie
 Maddie
 Maddie
Maddie & Izzie

1 comment:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

That sounds like such a fun Christmas tradition with your girlfriends! One of my best friends and I have been going shopping together for the last seven or eight years. It just kicks off the holiday season in my book...lots of shopping, lots of eating, lots of yummy coffee drinks, and lots and lots of Christmas music. :) Last year we brought the girls along, so it was not quite as "relaxing" as in years' past. This year we're modifying things a bit so we can have some "girl time" (with my girls!). We're staying in town, going to lunch, and getting pedicures. Nonetheless, we'll make sure to drink lots of coffee and listen to lots of Christmas music. :)

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!