Saturday, October 23, 2010

Tutu Cute! - My Little Butterflies

 Izzie Buttefly and Maddie Butterfly. (This photo was taken with a cool application on my cell phone, called Retro Camera!)
 Maddie and Izzie. (Also taken with my cell phone, just the "regular" camera on it.)
(More pictures tomorrow...)

It has been one of the longest days we've had in awhile. But it sure was a lot of fun! We started the morning off getting ready for Melanie's Halloween Party. The girls were both very excited to see the butterfly costumes I'd been making for them. I gave them a sneak peak of Izzie's wings a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't let them see the entire costume. This morning, I assembled all the pieces and John and I got them dressed. The costumes came out so great! The exactly matched the image I had in my head. Maddie didn't want to see my vision all the way through, but we managed to come to a compromise. In the end, they both loved their costumes and had fun wearing them for most of the day.

Melanie's party was a lot of fun. She had a "Fish" game that the kids got to go after small prizes. She also had a Pin the Nose on the Pumpkin game and Izzie came in first place! There was an adult cake walk and a craft area for the little ones too. I know that both of my girls had a really good time at the party. I think Melanie is the ultimate host and her parties are always perfect.

After the party we went straight to Jackie and Tom's house to visit and hang out. I'm glad that Grandma and Grandpa got to see Maddie and Izzie in their Halloween costumes too! Maddie especially was Grandma's shadow and stayed by her side all day long. I think both girls missed them, since it's been awhile since we've been over there. It was just a fun, relaxing day. Both Grandma and Grandpa read books to the girls and then Grandma let Maddie and Izzie help make dinner. They were excited to get their first Halloween treats too. By the time we made it home this evening, the girls went straight to bed and fell asleep pretty quickly!!

1 comment:

MandyE_TwinTriumphs said...

Those costumes are beautiful! And that sounds like such a fun party. Hope you have a good chance to rest up tomorrow after such a fun-filled day! :)