Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Picnic at the Lake

 Playing in the back of the van while waiting for the library to open.

 Izzie really had fun playing in the car.

 Playing at the park next to the lake.

Nanna and Popo setting up for our picnic.

 Izzie and Maddie wanted to picnic on the blanket.

 Maddie, Popo and Izzie walking out to the lake to splash.

Maddie and Izzie splashing in the cold water.

I think I got a big over excited this morning about getting the day started. Not only did the girls wake up an hour earlier than normal this morning, which threw off the "flow" of the morning. I was also aiming to go to an earlier storytime than usual. I get us going and out the door, thinking I'm running late when I drive up to the library and see no other cars in the parking lot. Then I noticed that I got there thirty minutes early. I let the girls out of their carseat and they played in the back of the van for a while, which they thought was pretty darn fun. Something different.

Storytime went really well with both girls participating more and more. They actually sat in the front row today which really excited me. The letter of the week was the letter O for Out of the Oven. The stories were about gingerbread cookies, pizza and owls. I love our storytime program, but their letter of the week don't match up too well with the stories a lot of the times. From library we drove over to pick up my mom and Chris for our lake picnic.

Mom and Chris had found this perfect little spot just last weekend and Mom wanted to share it with the girls. She wasn't kidding, the park was very close to her house. The girls were excited to see a new park. We played, ate and splashed the early afternoon away. By the time we left the girls were almost falling asleep in the car. It was a very fun morning!

No comments: