Friday, August 20, 2010

Izzie, tummy ache

This morning my Mom and Chris watched the girls so I could catch up with my friend Ashley. She was a stay-at-home-mom that joined the work force so I haven't seen her much lately! About 40 minutes or so before I was headed back to pick up the girls for nap, Mom calls me and Izzie was crying in the background. First my tummy dropped to the ground since I had no idea what was wrong! Apparently Izzie had a really bad tummy ache and Mom wanted to know if I wanted to anything specific. We decided she'd just rub Izzie's tummy and work it out. I'd finish up my lunch and then head over to pick her up.

When I got there, Izzie was sound asleep peacefully in the middle of Nanna and Popo's bed. Instead of waking her up, we decided to let her sleep. I brought Maddie home and put her down. So when Maddie wakes up, I'll go back over to Mom's to pick up Izzie.

When Maddie and I drove up to our house, a policewoman was across from our driveway. I was nervous getting Maddie out of the car until I figured out what was going on. Apparently my neighbor called the police because of a suspicious car. It turned out to belong to someone down the block. It's a good thing that I have neighbors who are willing to call the police for suspicious activity! Since everything was safe, I took Maddie into the house and put her down. She fell asleep almost immediately. It feels very strange only having one napping child in my house though, I can tell you that!

No comments: