Monday, July 5, 2010

Making Cookies with Daddy

Maddie, Izzie and Daddy getting all the ingredients ready to make Double Chocolate Chip cookies. (I love how John is wearing his "All I really need are Minions" shirt while cooking with the kids!

Today was mostly a laid back day that somehow turned into a potty training day. This morning the girls got on the subject of wearing panties and they said they wanted some "SuperWhy" panties. (For those that don't follow cartoons, SuperWhy is an educational cartoon that teaches phonics to kids. It is currently the ONLY show that interests the girls in the least... I'm sorry Elmo, but you are a thing of the past.)

Well I had to make a run to Target and while I was there, I looked and sure enough... they had SuperWhy panties! So I bought the girls some and we got home and they wanted to wear them. The caveat was that they had to use the potty first. Izzie was actually successful today!!! Maddie tried and she tried. She ended up having a couple of accidents but she did get the panties because she really was trying, just didn't quite get it yet. The day was spent half in panties and half in diapers, we just went with their lead on the matter.

But to break up the potty training John decided to make Double Chocolate Chip cookies with the girls. They really loved cooking with Daddy!!

Maddie, Izzie and Daddy measuring out the ingredients.

Daddy, Maddie and Izzie mixing.

Izzie was having a blast!

YUMMY! But I am such a mom! I served apples with their chocolate chip cookies. They liked them both, so it was all good.

No comments: