Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Home Made Simple

As some of you have heard on my facebook and twitter, I have been chosen to interview for the show Home Made Simple that airs on TLC. The TV crew will be coming to my house two Saturdays from now. They will be interviewing 20 homes in the Dallas area and then the TLC producers will pick 6 or 7 of those homes to film for seasons 7 &8 of Home Made Simple. I am both excited and nervous about this! First off, this is a show about organization and simplifying your home. As many of you know, I LOVE organizational systems so I was excited when the casting director asked if I was interested in being on this show. I had never seen the show before he contacted me, so I ran to my DVR and scheduled the next episode. It looks to be a fun, family style, show on making things easier around your house, turning your house into a home and even learning a few new recipes in their cooking segment!

For the interview coming up, the casting director specifically said my house should look messy. They want good "Before" pictures. This is giving me minor heart attacks. Don't they know that when you have company you hide the toys, straighten the pictures and stuff the dirty dishes in the oven? And this will be on FILM. They want to show the world my messy home on film to everyone. They want to break down my "perfectionism" and show the world that I am just as cluttered as the next person. I think it'll be good for me. My house isn't that bad, right? I mean, everyone has to step over teddy bears and dirty clothes to get to the bathroom, right? So, let me ask you this... if a tv crew was to stop by YOUR house right now, would you let them in? If you knew a TV crew was going to be scheduled to come to your house, could you resist the urge to clean? I'd love to hear your thoughts!!

And now to leave you with a couple of cute photos of my kids, because otherwise my Mema will cry...
Izzie.

Izzie

Maddie

No comments: